"KINDRED SPIRITS ARE NOT SO SCARCE AS I USED TO THINK.
IT'S SPLENDID TO FIND OUT THERE ARE SO MANY OF THEM IN THE WORLD."
- Anne of Green Gables

Kindred Spirits

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Young Victoria

It has been a while since I saw "The Young Victoria", but I've been wanting to do a review on it (and it just kept slipping my mind).  I don't do movie reviews unless we really liked it.  And since it's on my Christmas wish list, it's obvious that I liked it (or maybe I should say loved it).  But anyway, here's my review.

The Young Victoria

My rating: *****

Synopsis (by me): The Young Victoria is about Queen Victoria (Emily Blunt) when she becomes queen of England .  It also tells of her marriage to Prince Albert (Rupert Friend).   And her troubles and tribulations in dealing with conniving government officials - which ends up affecting her marriage, as well.  Being a queen is not always as easy as you think...



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I LOVE this movie, and for several reasons. One being, I just do! I like seeing movies about true stories about real people (who may be famous). I ADORE the dresses (see below for pictures)!! I appreciate the fact that the people who made the movie, kept it clean (no inappropriate scenes, which are sadly all too common in today's movies. The cast was perfect - I already admired Queen Victoria and Prince Albert and their devotion to one another, and this just made me admire them all the more. I would say this should be for 14 and up because the subject material would be over a smaller child's head and Albert and Victoria have a quarrel. Please consult your parents about all movies and honor their decision about a movie!!

Now, for some pictures (I tried to find  pictures with the dresses that I liked :)).



Victoria's coronation ceromony

Victoria's ball dress is my favorite dress, besides her wedding dress - which I couldn't find a picture of :(

If you don't know who's who, the lady in the far back is just an attendant,
the lady directly behind Victoria is her mother *grimace* (she is sooo conniving!), the guy on her left is Lord something-or-other who tries to manipulate Victoria to make the government how he wants it (and he's in cahoots with her mother), and the lady on the far right... I don't remember who or what she is. I like the over skirt on Victoria's dress.

Aren't Albert and Victoria such a cute couple? The color of Victoria's dress is really pretty, too. :)  



I can't remember if this is her wedding dress or not, but I really like it!!

Have any of you seen this movie? What did you think of it?


No comments: