"KINDRED SPIRITS ARE NOT SO SCARCE AS I USED TO THINK.
IT'S SPLENDID TO FIND OUT THERE ARE SO MANY OF THEM IN THE WORLD."
- Anne of Green Gables

Kindred Spirits

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Goodbye Winter, Hello Spring!


All pictures were taken with a Canon PowerShot A710IS.

 This was the tulip tree in the yard, about a week ago.

 And this is it in full bloom about 3 days later.

This is what the tree looks like right now...

 I'm not sure what kind of flower this is... If you know, just leave a comment!

There is a huge Forsythia bush out in the yard right now and it sure brightens up the yard with it's yellow blooms. There are lots of these bushes around.


I don't have any idea what bush this is either, but I sure had fun taking this picture and then editing it like this! :)


 This bush was covered with these buds.

 Then when they bloomed, I couldn't resist taking their picture. Aren't they beautiful?



 The bottom nest is an old one found in this bush. No birds have come to it as far as I know. It is a very small nest nestled in between some little branches. It's probably no more than 2 inches across and 4-5 inches deep - a hummingbird nest, maybe? The top nest is in a rusty old can hanging from the clothesline pole.  A bird has been working on it I know, although I don't know what kind of bird it is yet.


To end this post, here is a sunset picture I took. I know it's kind of blurry (I was in an airplane - with some turbulence), but the sunset is beautiful enough to make up for it.

So, audios, for now!

No comments: