"KINDRED SPIRITS ARE NOT SO SCARCE AS I USED TO THINK.
IT'S SPLENDID TO FIND OUT THERE ARE SO MANY OF THEM IN THE WORLD."
- Anne of Green Gables

Kindred Spirits

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Radiance - Week 2



The question this week was:
What, to you, is the most essential thing to maintaining your relationship with the Lord?


To me the most important thing would be - prayer. Prayer is a powerful thing. I've seen it turn a bad situation 180 degrees in the opposite direction. You can never pray too much or too often. You can pray whenever and wherever you are. You can pray out loud or in your head. It's something no one can take away or stop you from doing. You can pray for help, thanks, blessing... or just simply pouring your heart out (something I tend to do quite a bit).

Like for instance when my baby sister was born recently (and she's the cutest little thing). I prayed the delivery would go well, which it did.

Or like yesterday - when I got my first driving lesson (I got my first learner's permit on Friday - WHOOPEE, YAHOO!!!). I prayed that I wouldn't run my dad's truck up on the curb or anything like that and that I would do a good job. Which (thank God!) I did do a good job. I even parked the truck as near to perfect as you could ever get in a parking space!! :)

And for a third example, like today. I logged onto my blogger account and in my Reading List on my dashboard I saw that Emily from Life with Emily had posted. She had posted that she was quitting all treatments for her leukemia cause nothing was working. The chemo wasn't working. The medicines weren't working. And so Emily made the brave decision to stop all treatments. So I prayed - hard - for God to help Emily in whatever way possible. I've been following Emily for a while. I followed her original blog, Emily's Cancer Blog. I've never met her in person, but I can tell she is such a special person just by reading her blog. For what she's been through, she's been brave - because of her faith... her strong faith in God.

No comments: