"KINDRED SPIRITS ARE NOT SO SCARCE AS I USED TO THINK.
IT'S SPLENDID TO FIND OUT THERE ARE SO MANY OF THEM IN THE WORLD."
- Anne of Green Gables

Kindred Spirits

Monday, October 10, 2011

Miss March's Blog Party Questions

{1} When you think of "old movies", what immediately comes to mind? 
Three old, black and white movies comes to mind. I love each of these movies. :)It's a Wonderful Life, Sergeant York, and High Noon


{2} Who's one of your favorite film or literary heroes (or heroines) and why?
Hmm... in the way of heroines, I'd have to say one would be Amy Dorrit (from Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens), because of her temperament. Another would be Christy Huddleston from Catherine Marshall's novel "Christy" - I can relate to her so easily. For heroes... Mr. Knightley, just because. :) Neil McNiel from "Christy" - he's such a sympathetic character. Alfie Arless from the BBC TV series Larkrise to Candleford. He is one of the most level headed and loyal people out of the whole story. Well, sometimes. :)

{3} If you could live in a movie, which one would it be and why?
Goodness... uhh. Christy or Larkrise to Candleford I guess.


{4} Music has changed a lot since 1900 - which "modern" type of music is your favorite?
For "Modern" music I like some country. Or some movie soundtracks. I tend to pick and choose though.


{5} Any songs you'd like to share with us? (lyrics, video, etc.) 
This question alone could take up one post. I'll just tell you the names of some of my favorite songs:Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears by Celtic Woman, Amazing Grace by Il Divo, Me and God by Josh Turner, He's a Pirate by Hans Zimmer, She Moved Thru the Fair by Celtic Woman, Take Me Home, Country Road by John Denver ...and that's a very abbreviated list. But just a taste of what I like. :)



{6} If your life had soundtrack (I wish mine did :D), what would yours sound like?
Very eclectic. A little of this and a little of that. :)


{7} When do you start counting down till your birthday?
About a month or two. Some times its scary that I'm going to have another birthday already. I'll think "Umm... I was just turning 18 and graduating from school... why am I turning 21?"


{8} What makes your birthday special? 
I get to choose what to have for dinner and a movie to watch. :)


{9} Do you ever wish you were born in a different month?
Yes. I was born in the winter. I sometimes wish I was born in May or July or August. A party on the beach would be so cool. :)


{10} Pick and post five words to describe YOUR personality - you can add a description under each if you like.

Passionate

I tend to be willing to defend someone or something I believe in - defend ferociously in fact. Which can be a good or bad thing depending on maturity and how you handle that. I also tend to be passionate about things I do or read - photography, family, and characters in books/movies.



Artsy


Photography, jewelery making, card making, decorating. I LOVE doing these things. :)



Friendly


People have told me that I am so friendly and that they feel blessed to know me and have me as a friend. They tell me that they see that in my blog, even if they haven't me in person. I'm just taking other people's word for it. :)




Opinionated


I have opinion on several things... my Christian beliefs, political thinking, public schools, worldly clothing, etc. I have had to learn (the hard way sometimes, unfortunately) how and when to say those opinions. But I still have them... so sometimes I do get up on my soap box, so to speak. :)




Maturity


Once again I'm taking other people's word for it. People younger, older, and just my age have told me that I am so mature, and that they really admire me for that. Wow... let me tell you, I really appreciate that, because I used to not be in any way shape or form really. I was finally 12 before I had enough of my disrespect, anger, and lazy attitude. It took me a few years to get to where I am now, but it was definitely worth it. So worth it. And I'm still maturing and learning. :)




Just go HERE if you would like to join Jo March's blog party.




Oh, and yes I plan on trying to do regular posts, since I'm noticing that the last few have been " go check out giveaway this and giveaway that". Hopefully this post makes up for that somewhat... even though it's still giveaway-related. :D

No comments: