"KINDRED SPIRITS ARE NOT SO SCARCE AS I USED TO THINK.
IT'S SPLENDID TO FIND OUT THERE ARE SO MANY OF THEM IN THE WORLD."
- Anne of Green Gables

Kindred Spirits

Monday, October 17, 2011

Oh, The Things Kids Say...

I'm sure you all know the story of The Three Bears. My little sisters LOVE to hear this story when they're getting in bed - especially because I act it out for them and do all the voices.

Well, they've come up with their own punch line for that story.

When I get to the point in the story where Baby Bear finds his chair broken all to pieces, I'll make his voice be really sad and add a pretend sob in here and there (once the little girls teared up at that part because I was so convincing!). So Baby Bear will say his line about the broken chair and one of the little girls will pipe up and exclaim...

"FIX IT WITH DUCT TAPE!!!!"

Yep, nothin' better than the good ol' redneck way to fix up a chair - the hillbilly toolbox essential - duct tape. :D
Here's another example...
Ah, the delight of little siblings. What they say sometimes just brightens the day, and a smile to your face. Like the example below...

A story Mommy related to me about her and little sister having a conversation about pulling the weeds in the garden.

Little Sister: I'm gonna go pull the weeds out of the garden for you, Mommy, cause they're bad!

Mommy: *Smile* Yes, but God made weeds too, so do you want to kill them?

Little Sister: *Thinking* I know, I'll pull the weeds out of the garden, and then plant them somewhere else so they'll grow still!