"KINDRED SPIRITS ARE NOT SO SCARCE AS I USED TO THINK.
IT'S SPLENDID TO FIND OUT THERE ARE SO MANY OF THEM IN THE WORLD."
- Anne of Green Gables

Kindred Spirits

Thursday, June 2, 2011

I Finally Watched... Tangled


Recently I watched this movie - Tangled.

Yes, I know I'm kinda late on this compared to everyone else, but I wasn't about to review it before I'd seen it. So anyway... on to the review.

WARNING: THIS MAY CONTAIN SOME PLOT SPOILERS!!
So, if you haven't seen Tangled, you are reading this at your own risk. :)

 The story is the story of Rapunzel we all know...
 There's a beautiful, blond, long haired princess (only she doesn't know that she's a princess at the beginning of this version) trapped...

...in a tower. The only way up and down is by using Rapunzel's hair like you would a rope. 

 She's kept locked in this castle by...
...her "mother". Of course.

 Then one day, a young thief...
 ...Flynn Rider, stumbles across Rapunzel's castle that's tucked away in the forest.

 Only thing is he's being chased from a robbery by...
 ...Maximus, a white charger who has the most unique and stubborn personality I've ever seen of in a horse. :)

The story also has a little bit more to the plot.
The story tells how there was this lady, Mother Gothel, who finds a "magical" flower that if you sing a certain song to the flower it will heal you... or make you young again. Which is what Gothel uses it for. 

But one day the kingdom's queen is in need of this fabled flower. Gothel however has never shown the flower to anyone and keeps it hidden in the forest. So soldiers are sent out to search for the flower to heal the queen... as she is giving birth to a child.

The flower is found and made into a "tea" for the queen. She drinks it and is healed and is gives birth to a daughter, Rapunzel. But Rapunzel's blond hair inhibits the flower's power. So naturally Gothel wants it. And, of course, she kidnaps Rapunzel.

And locks her in the tower. So now you are up to date.

Rapunzel is really quite talented in swinging her long hair around to pull Gothel up into the tower...

...and to catch thieves that seek a hiding place in her castle. :)

The princess' crown that Flynn Rider stole.

The part with the lanterns... I wish I could let loose a bunch of lanterns like that sometime. I love that scene.

Maximus and and Flynn are so funny. Especially this scene. :) They're definitely the two who gave me the most laughs.

I do not go for Rapunzel jumping out of a tower??!! Yikes!! She can be my guest if she wants to do that, but I can assure you, you'll never, ever, find me doing that!

And then Flynn's "smolder". Yeah. "Smolder"! *chokes on a laugh* Good grief. How stupid and funny at the same time. If anybody ever did that to me, I could never take them seriously again.


So anyway, did I like this movie? Yes. No, I do not like all of the music - I think they could have done a better job with it though. Yes, I love the plot. No, I DO NOT like Gothel. Yes, I love the characters. No, I do not like how Rapunzel's hair get's... um... redone at the very end (and for those of you who've seen it, know what I mean). But yes, I absolutely love how her hair gets braided with all those flowers in it. It's sooo beautiful!

And, of course, would I watch it again? Yes! I like this movie quite a bit.

My rating: 4 1/2 stars (out of 5)

2 comments:

Ivania said...

Haha! I loved this movie, even all the music!

Sophia said...

I.LOVE.TANGLED. <3